Tuesday 3 February 2009

First Rumblings




Blimmin Heck it's cold!!! I mean we have penguins knocing at the conservatory door and the snow is deep enough to bury my chihauhau jack russel cross. Now before you start thinking awww poor little dawgie, she's not, she's loving it, I have tunnels all over the garden where she's been.! We are quite lucky really because everyone in this house loves the snow and when it first settled all ten inches of it, we raced off to snowball fight on the local cricket pitch...and came back at half past ten in the evening...not responsible parenting considering it's a school day, but what the hell, they can go to bed on time any night, what they can't do is play in the snow...or be pelted with snowbombs by a mother who ought to know beter.
It's all ice today and so I've been sitting getting this blog going, so that I can show you these two new little bears...andof course there was a reason for all of the snow waffle. My little bears are guardians of spring, each of them clutching a delicate little glass flower in their armatured paws. Armature is something new for me and I will definately be using more of it! I just love thw way it gives them such posability! Both of these little guys I'm doing for the Rivington Barn fair, which I understand is the first fair that Katie Countrymice are doing and I'm off to stalk one of her bears! They are so cute!
In the mean time, here's the Snow Drop Guardian (little white plushy guy) And heres' the Primrose Guardian (Little chap with an orange nose) I hope you like them, it's taken me ages to chase them around the garden for their photo's. Oddly enough after I'd lifted the stone in the rockery that they were hiding under, they were easily persuaded to come into the warmth, and so they now sit, in the CubbyHole wth Faithful (the bear in the headr) drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies. The thing is if you look at the nose of the Primrose Guardian, it's rather orange and some of my baileys is missing...I think he'sbeen having a crafty tipple!




2 comments:

  1. Yes you irresponsible mom you heheheehe!!!!

    Good for you
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bears...and quirky. I like quirky.
    No snow here in Stockport!
    Anji
    gsolfot

    ReplyDelete